GWG is pleased to announce the availability of new Digital Photography specifications. These specifications, based on those of GWG member association Medibel+, gives photographers and publishers a compact set of digital photography guidelines for print production.
GWG recommends using these guidelines with digital photography projects for print production. Doing so will insure correct implementation of ICC color management and standards, which are essential to maintaining maximum quality from original capture through to the final, printed result.
Two versions are available:
- “News Photography”, for newspaper production; and
- “Shootings”, for magazine and studio-quality production.
Specification features include, but are not limited to:
- ‘How-to’ screenshots compatible with the latest version of Adobe Photoshop.
- “Shoot-Optimize-Save” function reorganized to better match photographer set-up process when using Adobe Photoshop.
- Image delivery now directed to recipients’ online portals.
- By user request, more detailed IPTC information/fields have been added.
More digital photography resources may be accessed at the following locations:
- ECI (Germany)
- PPA (UK)
- NIDF (the Netherlands)
- UPDIG (USA)